Welcome to Ali-land

Finally figuring it out.

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Snell

Yup, you read that right. "Snell". Normally I don't read my spam mail. However, when I was ready to mass delete just now, I realized this particular spam was from someone named "Snell". At first glance I thought it was "Smell" which wasn't much better but..."Snell"?

Anyhow, Gmail will list the first line of spam mail and this one was intriguing enough for me to just open the basic document (yes, I know most of them are stupid ads or viruses etc, but I wasn't about to download the document).

Here's what peaked my interest:
"ambiguity The waterproof televisions come with installation instructions"

Wait...huh???

Really? Waterproof televisions? Was this real or some amazing "engrish" (no offense).

So I had to read more. Here's the entire spam email:

ambiguity
The waterproof televisions come with installation instructions, but considering the complexity of the installation, it might be worthwhile to have it done professionally. After the sink comes the kitchen, with lighted shelves, and then a dining room, where the table is cantilevered from a shelf on the wall, above, far right.
He was referring to Blackie, that ubiquitous near-black potato vine, and Margarita, a lime-green one, which stole our hearts a few years ago. So he created light channels that make the floors seem as if they, too, are floating, and graze the walls with light.
And the longer you put this off, the longer you will be trading time for dollars instead of products for dollars.
You have mentioned in one of your previous interviews that it would be more appropriate to call jazz 'world music'. Grawunder of her client, who she said compares it to a sacred cleansing ritual in a fountain. Kulick transformed the recesses into display boxes with glass shelves, to hold orchids, ferns and photographs.

Yes, my dear readers. This is what spam emails have turned into. I, for one, do appreciate the spammers and their continued effort to enhance my penis. I also appreciate how many black market drugs I could buy online. Thanks Spaminators. But, really? Waterproof televisions? Blackie? Margarita? Is this the new wave of the century?

Ah...you tell me, my friends. You tell me.

1 comment:

Gene said...

Well, it's better than Maya Angelou.