Welcome to Ali-land

Finally figuring it out.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

It was Easter. Even for Atheistic Jews!

Easter.  A time of hope and re-birth and resurrection.  A time of 4 young boys who run around hopped up on sugar screaming loudly and laughing wildly.

Yup, I spent Easter Sunday with my family in the suburbs.  

It was actually a lot of fun.  Wolter and I went over to check on the progress of the possible house we might be moving into. It's getting there...although there is a LOT of work still left to be done.  We're hoping that, if we are going to make this move, it happens by the end of the summer.  Now that's seeming a bit optimistic, but we'll see.

My Mom walked over there with us and the 4 boys, while my brother and sister-in-law hid the eggs in the yard!  They used the plastic eggs and filled them with candy and gum and tic-tacs and pennies.

The boys had a blast running around and trying to find all the eggs!  My Dad and I sat on the bench and just enjoyed the view and took in the little bit of sun (in the chilly wind) that was peeking through.

Carrie, my sister-in-law, made a wonderful meal topped off with a fantastic bread pudding!  Yum!  It was my first time ever eating bread pudding and I was blown away by her recipe.

It was actually nice being in the suburbs.  People were walking their dogs and mowing their lawns...I don't know...I think I could get used to that.  Plus, there would be ROOM to MOVE there.  Love our little apartment but sometimes I just wish there was one room's worth more of space!

Anyhow, we truly enjoyed our Easter Sunday!  Hope you did too!  

Oh!  I know I posted an "updated" list of things that I've gotten to this month, but in case it was all hidden away...

Wolter proposed to me on April 1st, 2009!  We are now officially engaged!  YAY!

I guess I should do a post on the whole engagement...ok.  Coming up soon.

Peace and love,
Ali


The crazy boys!  From left to right: Sean, Justin, Brandon, and Zack


Aw, my Dad rocks!  He is unbelievable!  I love you, Dad!

2 comments:

Wolter said...

You know, I announced our engagement on The Slog almost immediately.

Just saying. ;)

Gene said...

You guys maybe are moving into a house? Awesome.