Welcome to Ali-land

Finally figuring it out.

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I miss you Aunt G. July 1945 - May 2009

Aunt Gladys.

A wonderful woman with a beautiful heart.  Never a bad word to say about anyone, but never a judgment if you needed to vent about anyone or anything.  She kept all your secrets and would try to understand if you just needed a hug and just someone to "get it".  

A fantastic mother to Alli and Gen.  An amazing Grandma to Andy, Alexa, Ava, and Samantha. An incredible wife to her soulmate, Allen.  Every niece and nephew believes they were the "favorite". 

 I know I did.

There are no words to describe the emotional void she is leaving behind.  But she reminds me that she understood how to LIVE.  She traveled, she was there for every birth of her grandchildren.  

She loved life.

We should all be so lucky.

Thank you, Aunt G.  

We lost you too young, but we will forever have you deep in our hearts.

Love and Peace.
Ali

Uncle Allen, Alexa, Andy, Ava, and Gladys



2 comments:

Wolter said...

I wish I could have gotten to know her better.

Alibear said...

Thanks Wolter. She loved you even though she only knew you a little while. Her excitement at our engagement will, forever, be remembered. She was so thrilled! I can still hear her saying, "ALI THAT'S FABULOUS!"

Sigh.