Welcome to Ali-land

Finally figuring it out.

Friday, January 2, 2009

Oh 2009!

Hi everybody!

So, it's back to the grind soon. School starts up on Monday, I've got my work cut out for me on the mock trial I'm participating in (good $$, though). I'm writing to you from my favorite new gift, my iMac computer! Still got some payments due on it, but it's not too awful.

Couple of updates: I finished the Hanukkah gift for my mom - in time for the last night of Hanukkah. Go me.

Here's a picture:
Each bead was about 2mm in diameter.  Yes. I am insane.

Yes, it is.  It is a replica of one of the famous broadway posters of Fiddler on the Roof.  Here's how I made it.

I got a frame.

I found the poster picture online.  It looks like this:
I'm a replica of the poster from this Broadway production of Fiddler on the Roof

Then I had to flip it so it was backwards, like this:
 I'm a flipped backwards replica of the poster from this Broadway production of Fiddler on the Roof

I attached the backwards picture to the front of the glass frame.  Then I took tiny translucent glass beads and glued them (mosaic style) to the inside glass.  So, yeah.  The entire thing took a ginormous amount of time to complete.  Also, I ran out of beads at some point and had to abandon the project until I could GET more beads.  But, alas, it is now out of my hands and in my lovely mother's hands!  Yay!

I also completed a project for my father that had been waiting in the wings for awhile.  I have many cross-stitch projects that are half-finished and this one has been living in a state of 93% completion since 1999!  

Here it is all framed and pretty:
Apparently I like very small projects. Also, I am apparently trying to go blind at a young age.

Other fun things include:

I got new glasses! (Haven't had a new pair since the early 90's) 



I'm studious!!

Spent the eve of the New Year with Wolter watching Iron Man and Boogie Nights!


In a world, where fighting crime isn't just a job anymore...

And I finally got my boobs checked!  

BOOBS!

Had an MRI mammogram 


Now lie on your stomach and rest your breasts in those holes there.  Try not to breathe too deeply while we use a sound like a jackhammer inside this gigantic magnet

and a clean bill of health!

Yay for Boobs!

Following all this fun, the January of HELL will commence immediately. Otherwise, I can't complain!  Life is sweet and I hope it is for you as well. :)

Peace and Love,
Ali



2 comments:

Wolter said...

I am also pro-boob. They are pretty awesome.

Nice job on the rollover comments. For the third picture, I would also have accepted "fooR eht no relddiF fo noitcudorp yawdaorB siht morf retsop eht fo acilper a m'I."

Alibear said...

Ah yes! If I had only thought of that. Thanks for the encouragement, anyhow. :)